It was ten years ago this summer that the current management took the reins of Cavalier, Inc. with a fresh, new vision of how your janitorial supplies provider should meet your facility needs.
In those 10 years we’ve come a long way, continuing to bring you vetted, innovative cleaning and maintenance products, procedures, and equipment.
To remember our beginning, here are 10 memorable events of 2006:
- Google buys You Tube
- Unemployment drops to 4.4%
- The airline “3-1-1” for carry-ons is instituted; 3.4 ounces in 1 quart bag per passenger
- The housing bubble bursts with over 1.2 million foreclosures filed.
- Taylor Hicks wins American idol season 5
- Winners at the Emmy Awards include “The Office” for outstanding Comedy Series and ‘24” for Outstanding Drama Series.
- In the movie theaters: “The Devil Wears Prada”, “An Inconvenient Truth,” “Pirates of the Carribbean: Dad Man’s Chest,” and “Night at the Museum”
- An outbreak of e-coli bacteria in spinach sickens 199, kills three in a total of 26 states.
- Hot items at the 2006 ISSA SHOW include: Nano Technology and Steam Vapor cleaning; “Spin-n-Drop” Microfiber Mop; Brushed Aluminum restroom dispensers; Interim carpet care cleaner using low moisture encapsulation.
- CIRI (Cleaning Industry Research Institute) organizes and debuts with its presence at ISSA
Follow us throughout the year for more “10th Anniversary” news & notes!