About Cavalier Inc.
In today’s dynamic and fast-paced world, Cavalier, Inc. has become an industry and community leader. As our broad-ranging customer base, and their needs, directives, and buying habits have evolved over time, so has our vision and expertise. The customer-focused mission of Cavalier, Inc. is to “provide facility health solutions”, while incorporating the latest technology, social media influence, and process-oriented business practices. Rather than wait for our customers to change, and then react, we will provide the way forward and lead our customers to the best solution. Sustainable, “green” (i.e. healthy) products and services are the foundation and future for healthy facilities, healthy and happyoccupants and employees in those facilities — and as an end result — a healthier community. Aside from the physical health benefits, the financial benefit to our customers is that all of this can be done in cost-effective, energy-efficient ways that will ultimately increase their bottom lines – leading to overall healthier and happier organizations. Cavalier, Inc. is 100% committed and dedicated to these new and forward-thinking initiatives. 71 years of company history, and many more combined years of experience, have led to this point, and to our new and encompassing goal and mantra – Health, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Company History and Timeline
- 1941 – Cavalier Marine Supply Co, founded as a Ship Chandler, to supply provisions, deck stores, engine stores and bonded goods to any vessel pulling into any one of many Tidewater ports.
- 1968 – Allied Enterprises, Inc., founded by Paul Barkan, to provide their Government approved chemical and maintenance products to all Tidewater military bases and school systems.
- 1979 – Cavalier Marine Supply Co. bought by Jeff Littman.
- 2004 – Cavalier Marine Supply Co. assumes Allied Enterprises Inc. and their assets, with hopes that the consistent chemical company would stabilize the ever-changing ship chandlery business.
- 2006 – Cavalier Marine Supply Co., now known as Cavalier, Inc., and its assets sold to current ownership.
- 2009 – Cavalier Inc, wins NISSCO Spirit Award
- 2010 – Cavalier, Inc. wins NISSCO Key Achievement Award
- 2011 – Cavalier, Inc. wins NISSCO Distributor of the Year Award
- 2012 – Cavalier, Inc. envisions a new company direction while staying committed to its existing, successful business. New logo created. These efforts are made to continue growth within the current customer base, while reaching out to a new, broader audience – with an emphasis on “green” and sustainable products, practices, and education.
- 2013 – Cavalier, Inc. is committed to providing only safe detergents to its customers – as defined by the Safer Detergent Stewardship Initiative. In doing so, we have drafted a company policy and plan to totally eliminate surfactants that contain NPE’s (nonphenol ethoxylates) by the end of calendar year 2013.
- 2013 – Cavalier Inc. makes cover of national trade magazine, Maintenance Sales News, Jan/Feb 2013 Edition
- 2014 – Jason Jones, VP of Sales recognized as one of the Top 5 Sales Leaders in Sanitary Maintenance Magazine Jan / Feb 2014 Edition